Curried Vegetables and Rice (Vegan)
75 – 100g Yellow curry paste
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 can regular coconut milk
3 – 4 cups of water
2 large potatoes
1 ½ large carrots
3/4 large sweet onion
¼ head of cauliflower
2 cups loose leaf baby spinach
2 – 3 cups of rice
4 – 6 cups of water
— Rice —
1. Measure out rice and water into pan (generally a ratio of 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice).
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover and turn down heat to lowest or near lowest setting.
4. Let cook 20 minutes.
5. Turn off heat, fluff rice, and check rice for doneness (it should be). Recover until ready to use.
— Curried Vegetables —
While rice is cooking:
1. Measure out curry paste into heavy pan
2. Add vegetable oil
3. Stir fry on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes
4. Add 3 cups water
5. Add 1 can coconut milk
6. Wisk and bring to a boil, then let simmer
7. Cut up potatoes, carrots, onion, and cauliflower into small bite size chunks.
8. Add vegetables to curry
9. Add spinach to curry
10. Simmer until vegetables are cooked, adding additional water as needed.
11. When finished place rice and curried vegetables into bowls and serve.
*** For non-vegan, add approx. 2 chicken breasts or other meat that is cut into bite size chunks.